Thank you so much for your interest and support in preserving the all-women’s residential programs at Mary Baldwin!
Our fellow alumnae and friends have mobilized quickly. Since November 28, we’ve made the following progress:
- Our Facebook group has gained more than 2500 members;
- We have had more than 46,000 mentions on social media;
- We have almost 300 email subscribers (Get your friends to sign up here.);
- We have received $70,000 dollars in pledges as of 12/11; and
- We have written to the Board of Trustees and Administration to ask them to open direct lines of communication with Boldly Baldwin.
So, we NEED YOU!
- We need your pledges.
- We need you to tell your friends and other alums to sign up for email updates.
- We need you to share our story on social media and tag #boldlybaldwin.
We are incredibly grateful to the more 70 alumnae (from graduating classes spanning 1995 to 2015) and friends (many are Sweet Briar graduates wishing us well), who have already pledged to Boldly Baldwin. As of December 11, we have received more than $70,000 in pledges. We are well on our way to our goals and are excited to see this much financial support!
Our next steps are as follows:
- Secure an online giving platform;
- Recruit more volunteers to call our alumnae; and
- Solicit additional gifts and pledges.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering!
We have incorporated Boldly Baldwin, Inc. as a VA nonprofit and are in the process of applying for 501c3 status. We are researching historical and current documents along with determining potential causes of action. We have written to the Administration of MBU and the Board of Trustees to open lines of communication with Boldly Baldwin, Inc. We have posted the new Articles of Incorporation of Mary Baldwin University on our site.
We understand you are eager to get the message out to the press–we are too! One important aspect of building a strong message is ensuring it’s unified, and we can’t have a unified message until we are fully organized. Right now, we are not reaching out to major press, but we are likely to do so in the future.
If a member of the press approaches you, please be positive. Please support our alma mater. If you have questions or feel you need some help outlining your thoughts, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy help you! As we finish organizing our committees we will be launch a full-scale media campaign, and we will update you when it happens!
Alumnae Recruitment is engaged in efforts to reach out to alumnae of all classes, specifically those who may not be active on Facebook. We need your help! Please make sure that the Baldwin women in your life are aware of the recent announcements at Mary Baldwin and let them know Boldly Baldwin Inc. is working to uphold women’s education at our alma mater. And have them sign up for this email list!